Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gena--March 17, 2010


Weird. Maybe only weird when I stop to think about it. It is like a vacation but not. Caedmon asks me, "When are we going home?" Good question. I try to explain that we have packed up our home, put our stuff in storage, and we are waiting to find out where our new home will be. Kinda hard for a three almost four year old to understand. Actually kinda hard for my brain to wrap around too. "Well, are we going to our new home now?" Caedmon replies. "No," I answer. But I don't know what else to say. "Okay," says Caedmon, "God will tell us where our new home is". Good answer. The road is our home now...actually our pretend spaceship (a.k.a. our very practical, non-glamorous mini-van) is our traveling home for a while. At least for two or three months we think, maybe more. So far we have traveled through California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Not bad. Rather than sit in one place to wait for God's answer to the home/place of ministry question, we decided to take a road trip. The 'big adventure trip' as the kids like to call it. And, suddenly this crazy, exciting, life-changing adventure is full of practicalities. How to pack the van for maximum efficiency...how to continue schooling the kids while on the trip...how to avoid eating out as much as possible...what to see in our various destinations... The list goes on. Okay, so I don't do limbo very well. I like to have answers to questions. Do I have it all figured out? No. Do I need to have it all figured out? No. At least I hope not. Maybe that is the point. Breathing. Enjoying all the moments in between. Thanking God for this gift of life, of adventure. Trusting that...okay, God will tell us.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully written post! We don't always have the answers from God after we ask the question. I am glad you are using the road trip to your advantage, how wonderful! Take care!

    ReplyDelete