Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday July 3, 2010 - Portland, Oregon



We had a busy day today! Our friends Jeff, Manchu, and their daughter Charlotte came over for a 4th of July cook out. We prepared kabobs with large prawns & veggies to grill. We also put together a cold pasta salad, watermelon & cherries. Yum!

After lunch we drove to a nearby park so the kids could run around (and the womenfolk could chase them) while Jeff and I played a couple games of tennis. Jeff has been playing competitively in the local USTA chapter. I haven't played in about six months. You can imagine the sort of amazingly competition I provided him. I was happy to win a few games in each of the two sets, and get a few halfway respectable shots in. He got many more games, and many more respectable shots in. A good push for me to get on board with some regular tennis play when we get settled again. I suspect that this place is out of my league, so to speak. Or ought to be!

We came back to "our" place for the dessert they had brought - delicious chocolate cake! Dinner was a pretty informal affair of the kids' favorite - cheesy noodles, along with some leftover grilled chicken and other items. Everyone was pretty tired by the end of the day - a good day with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment