Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Monday June 21, 2010 - Camarillo, California to Portland, Oregon

I'd have an extra hour to kill at the Burbank airport, over and above the recommended two-hour pre-flight time window. Normally this isn't too big a deal, but Burbank is a *very* small airport. Anyone who flies in and out of Southern California regularly is likely to agree that this makes it one of the best airports in the area. Parking is easy, and picking up and dropping off someone is pretty simple. But the downside is that they don't have much in the way of amenities - the major food options being about a 1/4 mile hike actually out of the airport grounds proper.

Fortunately, I found out that the one restaurant in the airport did have wi-fi available, and I had an AT&T account which would work there. Hallelujah! At least I could pass the time a little easier!

My flight back (and up) was on a very small airplane called a Bombadier, if I remember correctly. Two seats on each side of an aisle. Pretty cramped. This time I was in the very last row smashed up against the cargo wall. Behind me I could make out the barking of an unhappy dog. It wasn't a comfortable flight, but it was only a couple of hours.

The kids were happy to see me when I got back - much excitement and enthusiasm. That evening we celebrated Father's Day with cards from the kids. It's good to be a family, and I am richly blessed no matter what the future holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment