Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday June 23, 2010 - Portland, Oregon





I'm on edge. Ancy. Wanting to know what is next and when. Wanting to plan, to arrange, to set in order whatever needs planning, arranging, order. The long months of waiting and tentativeness have taken a certain toll, and I'm tired of paying that toll. As such, I've been a little grumpy since I got back from Santa Barbara Monday. Snappy, less patient. I want to know what's going to happen and when, and that's not my place, yet. So I pray for additional patience - and indulgence from my family!

Nothing too extraordinary today. We made Mexican food for dinner since Doni had some avocados and a recipe for a modified guacamole she wanted to make. I made a pitcher of margaritas to go along with it.

Tonight I took Doug & Doni to the airport so that they can start their summer vacation. They're headed to the east coast to visit Doug's mother & sister, as well as Doug & Doni's daughter Emily. We visited all these folks back in early April, so we're excited for the fun times we know are in store for them.

Gena and I were able to talk for a while after I got back from the airport (a much longer trip, since I got lost on the way back and ended up taking a rather extended route home!). It was good to be able to think through and articulate the source of my grouchiness. I'm grateful for the way we're able to talk together, whether things are good or stressful. We know that all of us are ready for things to come to a conclusion, to have a space and a place to just be a family again. We've been so blessed for so long by friends and relatives around the country. It's hard to believe how much we've seen in visiting with over 30 different friends/relatives.

We realized that we haven't taken any pictures of our time in Portland with Doug & Doni, so Gena hurriedly snapped photos. In the ongoing ping pong war, Doug and I have drawn to more of an even status. He crushed me last week the first time we played. I beat him Monday when we rematched. And today, in the tie-breaker, we played best of five and I edged him out in the fifth game to take the title. Yes, victory is sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment