Friday, August 6, 2010

Monday August 2, 2010 - Camarillo/Santa Barbara, California

A few more houses to view today, more work on my class, more procrastination planning my installation service.

In Lutheran churches, pastors are installed. It's a service whereby they formally begin their work as pastor in the congregation. It is a formal recognition that the person has been properly Called by the congregation. It's also a symbol of the local support and recognition of other LCMS pastors, as they attend to speak a word of blessing and encouragement toward the end of the service. Lutheran pastors are only ordained once - after they satisfy the LCMS requirements to be a pastor. But a pastor is installed each time he takes up duties at a new or different congregation.

Which means there's a special service of installation. Which means I have to plan this service. And as some of you may suspect, I'm not exactly a fan of the spotlight - and an installation service is a pretty massive spotlight. I need to get this done and out of the way, but I procrastinate wanting to think about it and plan it out either.

No comments:

Post a Comment