Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday July 31, 2010 - Camarillo, California

Today was a social day. After a quick breakfast with Lewis, I got the beans going in the crockpot for dinner. I visited our storage unit in Oxnard and managed to ferret out about five boxes of books destined for my office. It will be good to start getting at least some of my office stuff set up, even if I may not be able to reach most of it until we're actually unloading the storage unit in earnest to move into a house.

I met a friend and former parishioner, Ralph, for a sushi lunch - a long tradition of ours. It was great to catch up and hear what has been going on in his life and his family. Then it was a few minutes of work and research at Starbucks (researching electric guitar options - I know, I'm a moron). The bulk of the afternoon was spent prepping pico de gallo and guacamole for dinner in the evening. Lewis, Jim & Dianne, and the Parsons family all gathered together for dinner at Jim & Dianne's. Lots of wine and margaritas as well, plus the marinated chicken & beef from Vallarta market I had picked up the evening before. Definitely a good time of friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment