Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday August 8, 2010 - Camarillo/Santa Barbara, California

This morning I worshiped at Faith Lutheran Church in Carpinteria. Turns out this place is about three blocks from where we'll be living, which is a little strange in some ways. The service was nice, as were the people. The pastor is relatively new to the area - I attended his installation about a year ago.

I unloaded another batch of stuff at the house, and went to unpack it after worship. Then I met up with family friends in Santa Barbara for lunch after they spent the weekend camping just north of town at El Capitan Beach. It was a nice opportunity to touch base and hear what's going on in each other's lives. Then they headed back down to Irvine, and I headed back to Camarillo in time for tennis with my friend, Jake. I'm happy to say I beat him, even after french fries at a local eatery. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment