Friday, August 6, 2010

Thursday August 5, 2010 - Camarillo/Santa Barbara, California

Did I mention that we'll be living about a mile from the beach, and from one of the best surfing areas in California - Rincon (about :43 in the song/video)? How cool!

This was a busy, social day.

Lewis, Jim, Dianne & I all drove up today. I drove them by the house, since I didn't have keys to show them the inside. Then we drove up to see Emanuel. It's an amazing place to show people. I think this was the first time that, seeing and hearing through other people's eyes, I began to think more about what an amazing building this is. Perhaps I'll be more intimidated than I think as I stand up there each Sunday. If the Holy Spirit sees fit, we could fit about 350 people in the sanctuary without too much sweat. That would be an amazing thing to see!

Afterwards, the others headed back to Camarillo and I met the owner of the home and signed the lease. Turned over a heart-stoppingly large deposit + first month check, and got the keys and the garage door openers. It doesn't seem real yet!

Finally, Lewis and I were guests for dinner. We were hosted by a former parishioner & her family, and it was a very nice evening. Lewis & Bob (Jean's husband) are great story-tellers, and have probably between them close to 160 years worth of stories to tell! A nice relaxing evening and a good top off to an exciting day.




No comments:

Post a Comment