Monday, August 9, 2010

Saturday August 7, 2010 - Camarillo/Carpinteria, California

Another load of boxes to take up to the house and unpack. The dishwasher is getting broken in very well as I continue to clean the stuff I unpack before stashing it into temporary/subject-to-change-when-Gena-arrives-and-wants-to-rearrange places in the kitchen cabinetry. We don't have as much kitchen storage as we used to, but I think we'll be able to make it work. Pretty nice when that's about the biggest complaint you can come up with about the place you're going to live!

Today is Gena's birthday (I won't say which one). I sent her flowers and they actually arrived while she was home, which was nice. She & the kids went to a dinner-theater with her parents - Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Should be a fun time. Wish I could be there. Or they here. Soon enough...soon enough.

I met with the moving company guy (actually the company president), and after a brief look at our storage unit, we agreed that he would have his guys and a big truck at the storage unit Tuesday morning to move our stuff up to Carpinteria. Woohoo! Hard to believe that very soon we'll be more or less settled into our new digs. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment